• On the eve of Israel's 74th Independence Day, the population of Israel was 9.506 million:
o 7.021 million Jews (73.9%)
o 2.007 million Arabs (21.1%)
o 478,000 Others (5.0%)
• Since last year’s Independence Day, Israel's population has grown by 176,000 (an increase of 1.9%). During this period, about 191,000 babies were born, about 38,000 immigrants arrived, and about 55,000 persons died.
• At the time of the establishment of the State of Israel, the population of Israel was 806,000. Around the time of the establishment of the State, the percentage of Jews was 82.1% and the percentage of Arabs was 17.9%.
• Since the State’s founding, over 3.3 million immigrants have arrived in Israel, about 1.5 million (44.7%) of them arrived since 1990. Since the establishment of Israel, about 131,000 immigrating citizens have also settled in the country.
• In 2030, the population of Israel is expected to reach 11.1 million, in 2040 – 13.2 million, and on the 100th Independence Day of the State of Israel, in 2048, the population is expected to reach 15.2 million.
• At the end of 2020, about 45% of the world's total Jewish population lived in Israel. About 79% of the Jews in Israel are Sabras (born in Israel).
• The population of Israel is a young population: About 28% are children aged 0-14 and about 12% are aged 65 or over.