According to Central Bureau of Statistics estimates:
On 31 December, 2022, Israel's population is estimated at 9,656,000 residents.
7,106,000 are Jews (73.6% of the total population), 2,037,000 - Arabs (21.1%) and 513,000 Others (5.3%).
During 2022, Israel's population increased by 2.2%; 62% of the increase was due to natural growth and 38% was from the international migration balance.
The population increased much more in 2022 than in 2021, when it increased by 1.8%. This was mostly due to the larger number of immigrants in 2022 than in 2021.
During the year, approximately 178,000 infants were born (74.8% born to Jewish mothers, 23.8% to Arab mothers and 1.4% to mothers of Others).
Approximately 73,000 new immigrants arrived in Israel during 2022, 80% arrived from Russia and Ukraine.
During 2022, approximately 204,000 persons were added to the Israeli population, an increase of 2.2%. Most of the increase (62%) of the Israeli population was due to natural growth and the rest (38%) to the international migration balance. During the year, 178,000 infants, 73,000 immigrants (as opposed to 25,000 last year) were added to the population. The population was reduced by approximately 52,000 persons who died and approximately 4,000 Israelis who were staying abroad for more than a year.